Printing Labels on Canon i860

I am having some problems printing labels with my i860.

I am overall very pleased with that printer but just can't find the
appropriate setting for printing labels such as the transparent DVD label
types.

I have not seen a "label" setting under "paper type" and have been using
plain paper which leaves a lot of ink on the labels that takes a while to
dry off.

Any ideas?

S.
--
>>> remove "nospam." to reply directly to me.
Thanks.

In article Sylvain says...
> I am having some problems printing labels with my i860.
>
> I am overall very pleased with that printer but just can't find the
> appropriate setting for printing labels such as the transparent DVD label
> types.
>
> I have not seen a "label" setting under "paper type" and have been using
> plain paper which leaves a lot of ink on the labels that takes a while to
> dry off.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> S.

People could use a transparency setting on previous Canons to reduce ink
pooling when printing on swellable paper. Canon don't make swellable
paper or transparency film and have removed the film and banner paper
options from the newer print drivers. It is a shame that 3rd party
driver options aren't available.

On my i560, going into the manual color adjustment and lowering the
"Intensity" setting seems to produce prints with less ink laid down. You
probably have a similar setting--it might be worth a try.
Lola MacLean

Thanks Lola. I'll have to give that a try.

S.