Wireless help getting the right equipment

If I get a Motorola WA840G 802.11g Wireless Access Point, or a Netgear
WGT634U 802.11g Wireless Network Router and a NEC WiFi 802.11g/b Wireless
Laptop PC Card, will these work togeather to set up a wireless network???
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless equipment

    Hi
    Yeah, standard 802.11b/g works across Brands.
    However the Netgear WGT634U is 802.11g Super(108Mb/sec.). To take advantage
    of the super you need a matching Netgear 802.11g Super card, otherwise it
    would work as a regular 802.11g
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "marshur" <marshur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > If I get a Motorola WA840G 802.11g Wireless Access Point, or a Netgear
    > WGT634U 802.11g Wireless Network Router and a NEC WiFi 802.11g/b Wireless
    > Laptop PC Card, will these work togeather to set up a wireless network???

    Ok, thanks. If I do jut get the Netgear WGT634U, and the NEC WiFi 802.11g/b
    Wireless Laptop PC Card, about what is the range it will pick up?

    "Jack" wrote:

    > Hi
    > Yeah, standard 802.11b/g works across Brands.
    > However the Netgear WGT634U is 802.11g Super(108Mb/sec.). To take advantage
    > of the super you need a matching Netgear 802.11g Super card, otherwise it
    > would work as a regular 802.11g
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >

    > "marshur" <marshur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > If I get a Motorola WA840G 802.11g Wireless Access Point, or a Netgear
    > > WGT634U 802.11g Wireless Network Router and a Cthese work togeather to set up a wireless network???

Wireless Wireless Network WiFi and Home Networking Wireless Networking