Freezing... suspect graphics card.

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
What is a good program to use for monitoring my temps. I suspect my 6800GT of getting too hot under high load and freezing. I get some odd squiqly lines some times when it freezes. Other times it just freezes. I am getting error messages on reboot telling me to upgrade my drivers, but I already have. Is becoming somewhat of a discouragement. As well, what temps should I be seeing under high load?

Thanks in advance for the advice guys.

PluggedN

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
Yes you definately want good air flow in your case....I dont see why you would have overheating unless your airflow sucked.

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
What is a good program to use for monitoring my temps. I suspect my 6800GT of getting too hot under high load and freezing. I get some odd squiqly lines some times when it freezes. Other times it just freezes. I am getting error messages on reboot telling me to upgrade my drivers, but I already have. Is becoming somewhat of a discouragement. As well, what temps should I be seeing under high load?

Thanks in advance for the advice guys.

Unless you are overclocking like nuts, under normal settings your 6800GT shouldn't be overheating, perhaps you need to clean out your case ;)

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
Thanks everyone for the help... guess this is what you get for going cheap on the case. Must have bad air flow... time for a new case... or maybe I should take this opportunity to convince my wife that liq cool is the way to go :p.

We will see I guess. I have tried the removal of side panel and helps somewhat... the addition of a house fan cures the problem. Upon closer inspection it could use a little bit of a clean out... it's pretty dusty, but I really doubt it is just the dust. Gotta get some air moving through this case.