My A8N SLI Deluxe board beeps.

Maulkin

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2005
I have found that if I upgrade my X850 PCI-E from Catalyst 5.2 to any driver more recent (like the 5.10 for example) that my motherboard will occasionally beep whenever I use a 3D accelerated program. I have tested both DirectX and OpenGL programs and they both produce this annoying beeping sound. I have upgraded all my motherboard drivers in a vain attempt to stop this. Any help would be appreciated.

Maulkin

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2005
I actually considered it. I called the place I bought the motherboard and it seems this is the first time they have heard of anything like this. I keep thinking that something in the bios of the motherboard or even on the vid card is configured to detect some kind of operation and will create an alarm (beep) in that event, and all I have to do is change that configuration and it will all be fine. I have messed with all kinds of settings in the motherboard bios but that does not seem to help and other than the settings in the ATI control panel I have no idea what else I could fiddle with.

BTW is there a way to disable the speaker without having to make a physical modification (ie cutting wires) to the motherboard?

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
BTW is there a way to disable the speaker without having to make a physical modification (ie cutting wires) to the motherboard?

On most modern cases I've used, the connections from case to motherboard are lots of little connectors for each feature (i.e. one for speaker, one for HDD, etc) rather than the one big integrated connector you used to see occassionally.
Assuming yours is the same, just disconnect the speaker connector on the motherboard, and tuck it away somehwhere - no need to physically cut the wire.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005

On most modern cases I've used, the connections from case to motherboard are lots of little connectors for each feature (i.e. one for speaker, one for HDD, etc) rather than the one big integrated connector you used to see occassionally.
Assuming yours is the same, just disconnect the speaker connector on the motherboard, and tuck it away somehwhere - no need to physically cut the wire.

or disable it in the BIOS :)