Windows File Protection

Received an alert from "Windows File Protection" saying that one of the
Microsoft system elements has been replaced by an unauthorized version, and
I need to insert Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 CD to restore it.
Advice? I don't have system CDs, my university installed the software.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows file protection

    Crisis over, I think. I got my hands on the CD.

    "TWBlume" <blume@oakland.edu> wrote in message
    > Received an alert from "Windows File Protection" saying that one of the
    > Microsoft system elements has been replaced by an unauthorized version,
    and
    > I need to insert Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 CD to restore it.
    > Advice? I don't have system CDs, my university installed the software.

Microsoft Windows XP