desktop does not appear until script is finished

When booting a pc it does not show desktop icons, start
menu, etc until the script is finished running. Other
pc's allow you to see and use the desktop icons before
this has finished.

Calvin

Hi Brenda,

Unfortunately, I don't have the details, but I know there is switch you can set
in the registry to control this behaviour. Perhaps the simplest way to fix this
would be to download and try this application from a group called 'NTTools':

http://www.nttools-online.de/english/cfgwiz.htm

I only recently came across this one. It appears to have a lot of useful
configuration controls that save you a lot of tedious (and possibly risky) hand
registry editing.

The switch you are looking for is in the 'NT Logon' tab - 'Wait for logon script
to complete before loading desktop'

Hope this helps.

Calvin.