WMI problems after installation of SP2 on Windows XP

Hi all,

after I've installed the (FINAL) SP2 for Windows XP it seems that
there are problems with querying information from WMI. All properties
that were filled before seem to be empty now.

Even if I don't use my own program to query these values, I still get
empty fields (e.g.: msinfo32 returns almost nothing).

Anybody who can help me with that? Thanks in advance,

Tim
1 answer Last reply
More about problems installation windows

    Error Message: Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Might Be Corrupted
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319101&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "Tim Gorgs" wrote:

    | Hi all,
    |
    | after I've installed the (FINAL) SP2 for Windows XP it seems that
    | there are problems with querying information from WMI. All properties
    | that were filled before seem to be empty now.
    |
    | Even if I don't use my own program to query these values, I still get
    | empty fields (e.g.: msinfo32 returns almost nothing).
    |
    | Anybody who can help me with that? Thanks in advance,
    |
    | Tim

Microsoft Windows XP