How to forceably kill process

Hi,
I'm trying to find out if there is a way to forcably kill
a process. The reason for this is a configuration utility
for an application that I support started up a process
that is supposed to be started as a service with different
credentials and when I try to end process, I get an access
denied error.
I know that if I restart the server the process will start
properly but it would be much easier if I could just kill
this process and start the service without having to
restart. This process is definitly not being used by
anyone right now and after a day, the CPU time used is
still 0:00.
Thanks

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

"Ryan Gaudet" <rgaudet77@hotmail.com> wrote

> I'm trying to find out if there is a way to forcably kill
> a process.

You hit it right on the head. The "kill" command should do what you need. If
you don't already have it, its part of the NT resource kit.