Deleting Old Profiles No Longer Used

Hi,

Quick questions on NT 4.0 Workstation.

The computer at our front desk has been used by many people over the years. Each person logged in
(NT Server domain) under their user name and therefore there are many profiles listed under
C:\Winnt\Profiles. Whenever I do a Virus Scan it has to go through all those files in each profile.
It takes quite a while, especially to go through the old TIF folders.

Can I just delete these old profiles to free up the space?
If so, do I just delete them from Windows Explorer?
Will the Virus Scan skip over those files on subsequent scans or are they "technically" still not
deleted?

I've used the DelTree option on 98 machines to get rid of everything, but not sure about NT.

Thanks,
Jeff

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

"Jeff Conrad" <jeffc@ernstbrothers.com> wrote
> The computer at our front desk has been used by many people over the
years. Each person logged in
> (NT Server domain) under their user name and therefore there are many
profiles listed under
> C:\Winnt\Profiles. Whenever I do a Virus Scan it has to go through all
those files in each profile.
> It takes quite a while, especially to go through the old TIF folders.

Go to Control Panel, System, User Profiles tab. You'll find what you need
there.

Cool, thanks!

Jeff