Hard Drives and NT4 Server

Suzanne

Can anyone tell me if there is a hard drive size
limitation within NT4 Server? I want to install an
additional drive for data storage and want to know what
the max size is that will be recognized. Thanks!

For non-system, non-boot volumes you're only limited by your controller and
or system bios.

Also this may help.

Windows NT File Size and Partition Size Limits (Q93496)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q93496

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Suzanne wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if there is a hard drive size
> limitation within NT4 Server? I want to install an
> additional drive for data storage and want to know what
> the max size is that will be recognized. Thanks!

Your BIOS or your hard drive controller might put
barriers in your way, but NT4 sure won't. I haven't
used any SCSI drives larger than 73 GB with NT4, but
I have used 200 GB and 250 GB IDE and SATA drives
with NT.