Windows Update with NT4.0

Charlie

I have WNT 4.0 Service pack 6a. When I Open IE and Click
on Windows Updates, IE just flickers back and forth from
windowsupdate.microsoft.com and
v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp.
The page never loads. Help

Charlie wrote:

> I have WNT 4.0 Service pack 6a. When I Open IE and Click
> on Windows Updates, IE just flickers back and forth from
> windowsupdate.microsoft.com and
> v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp.
> The page never loads. Help

WFM on NT4 SP6a and IE 6.1, plus lots of post-SP6a hotfixes.

(WindowsUpdate is the *only* reason I have IE installed on NT4
at all - everything else I do with a professionally made browser.)

Also WFM with W2K SP4 and IE 6.1.

lee

"Charlie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<1ad3301c41e60$a8a18d70$a101280a@phx.gbl>...
> I have WNT 4.0 Service pack 6a. When I Open IE and Click
> on Windows Updates, IE just flickers back and forth from
> windowsupdate.microsoft.com and
> v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp.
> The page never loads. Help

I posted this to same problem a while back but got no reply.

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/?IE
Try the above to see if there is any difference.

No joy, then download this and extract WuV3Is.dll
from it with WinZip, place the dll in your System32 folder.
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/R1150/V31Controls/x86/nt4/en/actsetup.cab

Then register it by typing this into the Run Box
regsvr32 WuV3Is.dll

What changes are seen now?