Laser Printer recommendations

I wonder if you can help me.

I currently have a HP LaserJet IIIP printer which I have had for a number of
years (10+) and I am looking to replace it with a new laser printer and I
wondered if you could recommend some to me. I am looking for a colour laser
printer. I like HP but I want to consider other manufacturers as well.

I want the printer for the following uses.

Everyday use (and I do mean every day), printing small to mid-size
documents.
Printing photographic quality colour & B&W photographs. I know that photo
capable printers vary so I'll state I want good quality photo prints.
Reasonably priced toner cartridges, and decent cost per page.

I hope you can help me.

I appreciate any help or information given.

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about laser printer recommendations

    Neil Hindry wrote:

    > I wonder if you can help me.
    >
    > I currently have a HP LaserJet IIIP printer which I have had for a number of
    > years (10+) and I am looking to replace it with a new laser printer and I
    > wondered if you could recommend some to me. I am looking for a colour laser
    > printer. I like HP but I want to consider other manufacturers as well.
    >
    > I want the printer for the following uses.
    >
    > Everyday use (and I do mean every day), printing small to mid-size
    > documents.
    > Printing photographic quality colour & B&W photographs. I know that photo
    > capable printers vary so I'll state I want good quality photo prints.
    > Reasonably priced toner cartridges, and decent cost per page.
    >
    > I hope you can help me.
    >
    > I appreciate any help or information given.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Well, I guess you had no better luck than I did in this lame
    group. I'll tell you what I decided to do...I bought
    this one as a stopgap so I could have more time to think:

    http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?id=706000

    Added this to the order to bump it over $150 for free shipping:

    http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?id=288791

    Apply $30 off $150 coupon code "31022987" during checkout to trim it
    to $118.76,
    not including the cost of the Sharpie. Samsung's $50 mail-in rebate
    yields a
    net price of $68.76. With free shipping.

    It won't do the quality stuff that I want, but I'm up & running.
    It's a pretty
    good printer for the money.

    Bob

Printers Laser Printer Hewlett Packard Peripherals Product