  • Product
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b α HP
October 4, 2004 4:53:04 PM

I wonder if you can help me.

I currently have a HP LaserJet IIIP printer which I have had for a number of
years (10+) and I am looking to replace it with a new laser printer and I
wondered if you could recommend some to me. I am looking for a colour laser
printer. I like HP but I want to consider other manufacturers as well.

I want the printer for the following uses.

Everyday use (and I do mean every day), printing small to mid-size
documents.
Printing photographic quality colour & B&W photographs. I know that photo
capable printers vary so I'll state I want good quality photo prints.
Reasonably priced toner cartridges, and decent cost per page.

I hope you can help me.

I appreciate any help or information given.

Thanks!

More about : laser printer recommendations

Anonymous
a b α HP
October 7, 2004 6:47:25 AM

Neil Hindry wrote:

> I wonder if you can help me.
>
> I currently have a HP LaserJet IIIP printer which I have had for a number of
> years (10+) and I am looking to replace it with a new laser printer and I
> wondered if you could recommend some to me. I am looking for a colour laser
> printer. I like HP but I want to consider other manufacturers as well.
>
> I want the printer for the following uses.
>
> Everyday use (and I do mean every day), printing small to mid-size
> documents.
> Printing photographic quality colour & B&W photographs. I know that photo
> capable printers vary so I'll state I want good quality photo prints.
> Reasonably priced toner cartridges, and decent cost per page.
>
> I hope you can help me.
>
> I appreciate any help or information given.
>
> Thanks!

Well, I guess you had no better luck than I did in this lame
group. I'll tell you what I decided to do...I bought
this one as a stopgap so I could have more time to think:

http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?id=706000

Added this to the order to bump it over $150 for free shipping:

http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?id=288791

Apply $30 off $150 coupon code "31022987" during checkout to trim it
to $118.76,
not including the cost of the Sharpie. Samsung's $50 mail-in rebate
yields a
net price of $68.76. With free shipping.

It won't do the quality stuff that I want, but I'm up & running.
It's a pretty
good printer for the money.

Bob
!