Transferred works files

Confused

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

The files I transferred to my new Dell computer with
Microsoft Works are now all a century behind! In the old
Works program, they were 2001, 2002, 2003, & 2004. Now
they're 1901, 1902, 1903, & 1904. I contacted numerous
people at Dell who can't figure out what's wrong. They
gave me a (wrong) number for Microsoft, saying that I
needed to contact them. Now Microsoft says I must pay
for support. Help. I'm just a 64-yr-old Grandma who
needs to correct my spreadsheets. Does anyone care?

The old Works program may not have been "y2k compliant."
You might just have to do a search and replace on the
spreadsheets, replace 1901 with 2001, etc.