server does not boot up after extending partition

hi,
I used Disk Administrator to extend the size of a
partition (E drive) by highlighting partition E, press
Ctrl and selecting a free partition on the same disk, to
extend a volume set. This is not the boot (primary)
partition. The partitions were then both labelled as E
automatically.

Then "Commit Changes Now" and rebooted server to reflect
changes; however it looks like the server is not able to
boot up now. Can't even see the POST screen.

What happened?? Did I just crash the server?

Thanks.

-fali
1 answer Last reply
More about server boot extending partition

    If it doesn't even make it through POST then some hardware has failed.
    Possibly the mother board.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "fali" wrote:
    | hi,
    | I used Disk Administrator to extend the size of a
    | partition (E drive) by highlighting partition E, press
    | Ctrl and selecting a free partition on the same disk, to
    | extend a volume set. This is not the boot (primary)
    | partition. The partitions were then both labelled as E
    | automatically.
    |
    | Then "Commit Changes Now" and rebooted server to reflect
    | changes; however it looks like the server is not able to
    | boot up now. Can't even see the POST screen.
    |
    | What happened?? Did I just crash the server?
    |
    | Thanks.
    |
    | -fali

Partition Boot Servers Windows