I wish to show the language bar on my desktop but when I
look at the Regioanl and Language Options in the control
panel, then choose the Languages tab and select Details,
the language bar preferences are disabled. Any idea how
I can get the bar to show on my desktop?

Many thanks

Kleanthis.

I've read every comment on this forum about the Language Bar problem; I've
surfed the Net 3 weeks to find out solutions and I'm still in the dark. This
is a simple problem that MUST have a simple solution. We're in 2004 for God's
sake! Like a few thousand people that inadvertantly deactivated the Language
Bar from the task Bar in Windows XP Pro, I can't reactivate it because the
Language Bar button in Control Panel/Regional and Language
Options/Language/Details (under Preferences) is greyed out. I've tried
EVERYTHING. Every solution, every suggestion, every tip, EVERYTHING mentioned
below. NOW, THERE MUST BE A WAY SOMEHOW THAT WILL BRING THAT DAMN BAR BACK.

"Kleanthis" wrote:

> I wish to show the language bar on my desktop but when I
> look at the Regioanl and Language Options in the control
> panel, then choose the Languages tab and select Details,
> the language bar preferences are disabled. Any idea how
> I can get the bar to show on my desktop?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Kleanthis.

Byte

Right click a blank area of the Taskbar, select Toolbars, then select
Language Bar.

"RedJeep101" wrote:

> I've read every comment on this forum about the Language Bar problem; I've
> surfed the Net 3 weeks to find out solutions and I'm still in the dark. This
> is a simple problem that MUST have a simple solution. We're in 2004 for God's
> sake! Like a few thousand people that inadvertantly deactivated the Language
> Bar from the task Bar in Windows XP Pro, I can't reactivate it because the
> Language Bar button in Control Panel/Regional and Language
> Options/Language/Details (under Preferences) is greyed out. I've tried
> EVERYTHING. Every solution, every suggestion, every tip, EVERYTHING mentioned
> below. NOW, THERE MUST BE A WAY SOMEHOW THAT WILL BRING THAT DAMN BAR BACK.
>

> "Kleanthis" wrote:
>
> > I wish to show the language bar on my desktop but when I
> > look at the Regioanl and Language Options in the control
> > panel, then choose the Languages tab and select Details,
> > the language bar preferences are disabled. Any idea how
> > I can get the bar to show on my desktop?
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Kleanthis.

As I said, I tried EVERYTHING. When I select Language Bar by right-clicking
on the task bar, it does zippo.

"Byte" wrote:

> Right click a blank area of the Taskbar, select Toolbars, then select
> Language Bar.
>

> "RedJeep101" wrote:
>
> > I've read every comment on this forum about the Language Bar problem; I've
> > surfed the Net 3 weeks to find out solutions and I'm still in the dark. This
> > is a simple problem that MUST have a simple solution. We're in 2004 for God's
> > sake! Like a few thousand people that inadvertantly deactivated the Language
> > Bar from the task Bar in Windows XP Pro, I can't reactivate it because the
> > Language Bar button in Control Panel/Regional and Language
> > Options/Language/Details (under Preferences) is greyed out. I've tried
> > EVERYTHING. Every solution, every suggestion, every tip, EVERYTHING mentioned
> > below. NOW, THERE MUST BE A WAY SOMEHOW THAT WILL BRING THAT DAMN BAR BACK.
> >

> > "Kleanthis" wrote:
> >
> > > I wish to show the language bar on my desktop but when I
> > > look at the Regioanl and Language Options in the control
> > > panel, then choose the Languages tab and select Details,
> > > the language bar preferences are disabled. Any idea how
> > > I can get the bar to show on my desktop?
> > >
> > > Many thanks
> > >
> > > Kleanthis.

glugger

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Go into Control Panel
Add an additional language, doesnt matter what, French for example.
The Language Bar option under preferences will then be ungrayed.
regards
G Grayson
www.torwell.co.uk

glugger

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Go into Control Panel
Add an additional language, doesnt matter what, French for example.
The Language Bar option under preferences will then be ungrayed.
regards
G Grayson
www.tsorwell.co.uk

trendaa

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
He he....................... sometimes a simple things eats away our brains......... Please find the solution

Go to Control Panel>Regional and Language Options>Languages>Details>Advanced>Uncheck the option "Turn off advanced Text Services"

The language bar will get enable once again

Cheers :bounce:

Trendaa

jonwaynew

Honorable
To all above: If you are not able to display the language bar under the preferences section of the text services and input languages window please follow these simple instructions.
1. click on the "Advanced" tab on top.
2. Under the "System Configuration" section make sure that "Turn off advanced text services" is unchecked.

This worked for me, as I hope it will for you.