restrict access for ftp users

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 15, 2004 1:52:50 PM

Can anyone tell me how I restrict users connecting to our ftp server?
i want each client to only be able to view directories I have set aside
for them.. So far all I can do it log them into the ftproot and then
they have access to everything

Im using Win NT4 and the ISS that came with it..

regards

Sue
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 2:13:42 PM

Data Design wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how I restrict users connecting to our ftp server?
> i want each client to only be able to view directories I have set aside
> for them.. So far all I can do it log them into the ftproot and then
> they have access to everything
>
> Im using Win NT4 and the ISS that came with it..
>

> regards
>
> Sue
and can I use IIS 6 on Wint nt4 - and where do I get the specific
download, the microsoft web site comes up with loads of link and I am
lost as to what I need
April 15, 2004 4:46:06 PM

what is the number of people using this. perhaps a folder may be set up for each individual user.
if this does not sound good, try maybee username on the folder itself allowing one password for the folder with access to the root subset or sub directory users.
by allowing all users birthright to the USERS; folder the root may have alloted alternate privliegens.
updated or any alteration to the root affecting that there. offer time to test out change before it hits the USER; sub0sert
regards,
daniel
April 20, 2004 4:50:59 PM

Serv-U from cat-soft is easier to use and manage than MS's alleged FTP
server, and it's more secure, as well.

--
#include <standard.disclaimer>
_

daniel wrote:

> what is the number of people using this. perhaps a folder may be set up for each individual user.
> if this does not sound good, try maybee username on the folder itself allowing one password for the folder with access to the root subset or sub directory users.
> by allowing all users birthright to the USERS; folder the root may have alloted alternate privliegens.
> updated or any alteration to the root affecting that there. offer time to test out change before it hits the USER; sub0sert
> regards,
> daniel

Hmm - I think I followed that. well mostly.

thanks

Sue
!