Hi,
everytime I try to install any one or all of the critical
updates and service packs items my system goes through
the download process but won't install any of them. I get
the error that no updates were installed.

This is not so for the ordinary windows XP updates as
they download and install fine. Any suggestions??
Many Thanks in advance.
Nickmmc

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822798
You Cannot Install Some Updates or Programs "Digital Signature not found"
When you use the Windows Update Web site to install updates, the installation
fails and the Windows Update.log file contains error 80070643.