set up disc's

duane

I am using windows nt 4.0 and need to reinstall. I have 3 floppy disc's used in set up... the problem is the 2nd disc is corrupt and I can not go any further. I do have my widows workstaion cd 4.0. Where or how can I get by this point.

Boot from the CD-Rom if you can. If you lose (or otherwise need to recreate)
the three boot floppies (also known as Setup Disks) that came with your
Windows NT 4.0 CD-ROM, you can easily use the CD-ROM's setup utility,
WINNT32.EXE to create new copies of them. To do so, take your Windows NT 4.0
CDROM to another Windows NT Workstation or Server 4.0 system and run the
command

WINNT32.EXE /OX

From the CD-ROM's \I386 directory. The Setup program will prompt you to
insert three formatted disks to create the boot floppies but won't begin the
installation process itself. You can also run the commandWINNT.EXE /OX

From the CD-ROM's \I386 directory on a Windows 95, Windows 3.11 or DOS
machine to create the three boot floppies. (note: the disks are created 3,
2, 1)

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Duane" wrote:
|I am using windows nt 4.0 and need to reinstall. I have 3 floppy disc's
used in set up... the problem is the 2nd disc is corrupt and I can not go
any further. I do have my widows workstaion cd 4.0. Where or how can I get
by this point.

goto http://www.bootdisk.com
you can find the setup disk there to d-load.
g' luck :)

Not necessary when one has the Windows NT distribution cdrom.
See Dave Patrick's earlier reply in this thread.