delaying a service so it starts up after nt services

JC

I have a 3d party software application. On of it's
services fails at startup, but then afterwards I am able
to start it up manually just fine. I wanted to know if
there is a way to delay the startup of this applications
services until all other NT services, etc have been
started?

These articles may help.

How to Delay Loading of Specific Services

HOWTO: Control Device Driver Load Order
;115486]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];115486

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"jc" wrote:
|I have a 3d party software application. On of it's
| services fails at startup, but then afterwards I am able
| to start it up manually just fine. I wanted to know if
| there is a way to delay the startup of this applications
| services until all other NT services, etc have been
| started?

Thanks for that, but I have a problem. The servcies that
fails to start is a .exe file. When I go into task
manager it is XXX.exe and is not listed as a Service in
Windows NT diagnostics. I cannot delay it if it is not
listed in services.

newsgroup.
>Microsoft Certified Professional
>Microsoft MVP [Windows]
>http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

>"jc" wrote:
>|I have a 3d party software application. On of it's
>| services fails at startup, but then afterwards I am able
>| to start it up manually just fine. I wanted to know if
>| there is a way to delay the startup of this applications
>| services until all other NT services, etc have been
>| started?
>|

>.

Then you'll need to get to the bottom of how it starts. Possibly in

%windir%\Profiles\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
%windir%\Profiles\%username%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

or one of these Run keys.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run