delaying a service so it starts up after nt services

I have a 3d party software application. On of it's
services fails at startup, but then afterwards I am able
to start it up manually just fine. I wanted to know if
there is a way to delay the startup of this applications
services until all other NT services, etc have been
started?
3 answers Last reply
More about delaying service starts services

    These articles may help.

    How to Delay Loading of Specific Services

    HOWTO: Control Device Driver Load Order
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];115486

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "jc" wrote:
    |I have a 3d party software application. On of it's
    | services fails at startup, but then afterwards I am able
    | to start it up manually just fine. I wanted to know if
    | there is a way to delay the startup of this applications
    | services until all other NT services, etc have been
    | started?

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    Thanks for that, but I have a problem. The servcies that
    fails to start is a .exe file. When I go into task
    manager it is XXX.exe and is not listed as a Service in
    Windows NT diagnostics. I cannot delay it if it is not
    listed in services.

    newsgroup.
    >Microsoft Certified Professional
    >Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    >http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    >"jc" wrote:
    >|I have a 3d party software application. On of it's
    >| services fails at startup, but then afterwards I am able
    >| to start it up manually just fine. I wanted to know if
    >| there is a way to delay the startup of this applications
    >| services until all other NT services, etc have been
    >| started?
    >|

    >.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    Then you'll need to get to the bottom of how it starts. Possibly in

    %windir%\Profiles\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    %windir%\Profiles\%username%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    or one of these Run keys.

    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    | Thanks for that, but I have a problem. The servcies that
    | fails to start is a .exe file. When I go into task
    | manager it is XXX.exe and is not listed as a Service in
    | Windows NT diagnostics. I cannot delay it if it is not
    | listed in services.

Microsoft Software Windows