Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz drivers and install problems

Last response: in Components
November 10, 2005 11:12:51 AM

I have a TB santa cruz sound card. I am unable to find any drivers that work with WinXP. It seems since I upgraded to SP2 the card crashes my computer when I try and reinstall it. The old OEM drivers won't install correctly. I have tried everything to get the card reinstalled. Perhaps it's just a hardware failure.

Is there any sound card out there that you don't have to change connections between headphones and speakers manually?. The TB Santa Cruz had an option called "versa jack" where you could assign each output to a different jack on the card so you could change the output source in the control panel rather than physically unplugging and changing the connectors. Any suggestions for a reasonably prived replacement card for this?
November 12, 2005 2:52:45 PM

Have you tried moving the soundcard to a different PCI slot, and then trying to reinstall the drivers?

And have you downloaded the latest XP drivers from the TBSC website, I still have a TBSC with no problems.
November 13, 2005 5:25:11 AM

if the last driver release from TB worked, then you don't have much to worry about...but TB stopped releasing new drivers for many of its older cards just in the last year or two, Santa Cruz included.
Related resources
November 13, 2005 12:09:47 PM

I thought he may be having a problem with the location by suggesting he move it to another PCI slot, because I was using the TBSC with WinXP Pro SP2 using the drivers off the installation CD.

I did have to relocate its PCI location to get it to work right though, with 5 PCI slots it ended up in the 3rd slot before it settled down.

It doesn't make sense why it would work on my machine problem free and not his, unless its becoming hardware particular, but I really don't think SP2 is the problem, just amplifying the problem.
November 17, 2005 3:44:11 AM

I, too, put a Santa Cruz in my new computer with WinXP updated with SP2 running an A-64 on my DFI motherboard. It works great with what I think is the latest driver (sc 4193). See the Turtle Beach site for driver info: http://www.turtle-beach.com/site/kb_ftp/585ftp.asp

This is pasted from that page:
sc_4193.exe 25255816 06-27-03 DRIVER WDM FINAL v.4193 Windows 2000, XP, Millennium, 98se
| This is the latest and the greatest Driver
| available. It is not Microsoft Signed.
| It will not make your System unstable.
| It has been THOROUGHLY tested and used
| for over 2 years. | Features: 5.1
| Gaming, WMA Pro, EAX 2.0 functionality
January 9, 2010 3:46:55 PM

I have the drivers you need. I was running xp pro with service pack 3 installed without any problems. E-mail me at
JTOhneth@aol.com

My current problem is that it does not work with Wondows 7 :)  the system crashes.
February 2, 2010 8:29:11 PM

JTOhneth said:
I have the drivers you need. I was running xp pro with service pack 3 installed without any problems. E-mail me at
JTOhneth@aol.com

My current problem is that it does not work with Wondows 7 :)  the system crashes.

it does not work with windows 7
March 31, 2010 12:11:42 PM

JTOhneth said:
JTOhneth@aol.com

My current problem is that it does not work with Windows 7 :)  the system crashes.

There's a Chinese user who has written drivers for 32-bit Vista and Windows 7. The instructions online are in Chinese but they are well-illustrated with screen shots of the Windows installation dialog boxes and could almost certainly be followed without reading Chinese.

http://ssstjy.com/wenzhang/wz41-cs4630c.htm

Drivers are at

http://www.ssstjy.com/drivers/turtlebeachdriver.htm

Microsoft's site indicates that the Santa Cruz is compatible with 32-bit Vista and Windows 7; the Turtle Beach site indicates that it is not. The Chinese user apparently is out ahead of them both.

A Web forum describes a kludge for Vista: you need XP in a separate partition on the same computer, install the Santa Cruz in the Vista/Windows 7 partition and then address a different set of drivers in the XP partition.

But the forum only describes use with beta versions of Vista. and says nothing about whether the kludge works with Windows 7 or with 64-bit versions. I'm splitting the following URL because it gets abbreviated in the preview of this message. At windrivers.com, go to

/archive/index.php/t-77319.html

Hope this helps, and please write back to report your experiences...
November 4, 2011 3:44:13 AM

Quote:
There's a Chinese user who has written drivers for 32-bit Vista and Windows 7. The instructions online are in Chinese but they are well-illustrated with screen shots of the Windows installation dialog boxes and could almost certainly be followed without reading Chinese.

http://ssstjy.com/wenzhang/wz41-cs4630c.htm

Drivers are at

http://www.ssstjy.com/drivers/turtlebeachdriver.htm

Microsoft's site indicates that the Santa Cruz is compatible with 32-bit Vista and Windows 7; the Turtle Beach site indicates that it is not. The Chinese user apparently is out ahead of them both.

A Web forum describes a kludge for Vista: you need XP in a separate partition on the same computer, install the Santa Cruz in the Vista/Windows 7 partition and then address a different set of drivers in the XP partition.

But the forum only describes use with beta versions of Vista. and says nothing about whether the kludge works with Windows 7 or with 64-bit versions. I'm splitting the following URL because it gets abbreviated in the preview of this message. At windrivers.com, go to

/archive/index.php/t-77319.html

Hope this helps, and please write back to report your experiences...

I've been having a lot of problems with this exact situation actually. My step dad kicked down his old Dell Dimension 8250 to me which i had to wipe and install Win7 ultimate x32, which it wasnt built to support but it does relatively well (im thinking about downgrading to Win XP but thats another story).

ANYWHO... obviously TBSC isnt supported by Win7. after many hours of scouring the net i had practically accepted that i would be soundless. My stepfather (who is more knowledgeable on technological things than I) pointed me in the direction of sc_4193.exe. i had already found this on Santa Cruz's support site and it clearly says it it unsupported by Win7, i knew it wouldnt work.

Tried the install anyway, install wizard froze (who called it), and i googled sc_4193 which brought me to this board here. THANK YOU SO MUCH for that post about the chinaman who wrote the driver for win7, i downloaded his driver, installed it as per the convoluted instructions and LO! IT WORKS! THANK THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER! IT WORKS! anyway, i just wanted to express my gratitude for helping me solve my problem. it was the exact solution to my exact problem. that is synchronicity, my friends.
!