Winlogon.exe problem

amit

Hi,
My computer is running windows 2000 professional edition and I m
having some weird problems with the winlogon.exe...5 or 10 mins after
turning on the computer the computer slows down and on opening task manager
I can see that winlogon.exe is hogging the processor by using 99% of the
resources and the mem usage also starts increasing really fast....from 500k
it jumps to over 20k I cant figure out the problem.....I have been havin
problem with ad ware programs and have used hijackthis to remove some
malware....can anyone help me with this problem....thanks alot

Amit

I had the same problem...I downloaded spybot search and destroy and it
worked to get the adaware off my home computer. You will have to run
the updates once you download the spybot or else it won't catch
it...after you download the updates and do a scan of your computer, go
to immunize and immunize the known threats. If you haven't already
gotten rid of the problem, try it...as I said before it worked great
for me. One more thing...did you also notice in your process
MSIESH.DLL running?