G-Skill mem mods

psychomike70

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2005
I rececntly purchased G-Skill F1-3200PHU2-2GBZX (2x1024 sticks) and tried to install them into an ASUS KV8 SE MB (original RAM was Cosair ValueSelcet (2x512). MB book did not list G-Skill as a recommended source, but everything else meet the MB requirements (voltage etc....). I powered down the system, unplugged from the wall, ,grounded myself and cleared CMOS, installed the new Ram mods and tried to boot the system. Now my HD light just stays lit, all my system / case fans spin up, HD spins up but I can not hear the heads moving, ,and I get no display or error beeps what so ever. So I tried to clear CMOS again and reinstall the RAM that I have been running for over a year now, and BAM, same issue. Any ideas on what caused this, and how to get the machine up and running again? I did overnight a new MB (DFI Lanparty UT 250GB ), but I am probably going to send this G-Skill RAM back and just go with Crucial or Kingston mods. I would still like to get any ideas on what happened and how to recover from this problem. Thanks in advance for any input.

pokemon

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
Happened to me just a while ago, but I was running the RAM for a while already, worked just fine. I sent them back to Newegg, because I put in different RAM and they worked just fine. 3 days later my PSU died. That kinda sucked but I don't think that had anything to do with the RAM.