PAGE FAULT IN UNPAGED AREA

August 10, 2004 3:28:55 PM

hi i keep getting the following blue screen of death
messages and reboots

PAGE FAULT IN UNPAGED AREA
and
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

any ideas of the problem please conmtact me at
grimreefa2004@hotmail.com
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 3:49:51 PM

First, be sure your antivirus software has the latest definitions and run a
virus scan.

Second, download, install and run Ad Aware:
www.lavasoftusa.com
Note: you should always be well backed up before running an application of
this type.

If your system is clear of viruses, open Control Panel, open System, go to
the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery, remove the
check from "Automatically Restart" under System Failure. This will cause
the system to blue screen instead of restarting on errors and the
information on the blue screen may give a clue as to the source of the
issue.

Open Control Panel, open Administrative Tools, open Event Viewer, look for
errors corresponding to the crash, double click the error, the information
contained within may give a clue as to the
source of the problem. If you don't understand the information inside, the
third button down in that dialog box will copy the information,
you can then paste it into a message and post it here and maybe we can
figure out what is going on.

Assuming you have an XP CD and not a recovery CD, place the XP CD in the
drive, when the setup screen appears, select "Check System Compatibility,"
the report it generates may point to problem hardware or software on your
system. If you do not have an XP CD, you can download this application
known as the Upgrade Advisor from the following site:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/upgradi...
Note: If you have access to a broadband connection it might be best to
download using that as this is a rather large download.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"GrimReeFA" <grimreefa2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi i keep getting the following blue screen of death
> messages and reboots
>
> PAGE FAULT IN UNPAGED AREA
> and
> DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
>
> any ideas of the problem please conmtact me at
> grimreefa2004@hotmail.com
Anonymous
August 11, 2004 1:35:41 PM

This is usually related to your physical memory...either mismatched or it is
going bad...

Bobby

"GrimReeFA" <grimreefa2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi i keep getting the following blue screen of death
> messages and reboots
>
> PAGE FAULT IN UNPAGED AREA
> and
> DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
>
> any ideas of the problem please conmtact me at
> grimreefa2004@hotmail.com
September 24, 2004 1:45:10 AM

Well I have a funny situation, and I know page faults in non paged area
relates to memory, either virtual or Physical. I have a old DEll laptop c
600, Piii850, 256mb ram, 20gb HD WIn XPP SP1.
And everytime I connect a usb camera or do a hotswap on a dvd /cd drive and
reconnect, I get the Blue screen of death, don't have the error no , but its
the page fault message. It does not happen at any other stage, except
connecting a device. I even discovered if i start up the laptop with the
camera connected and turned on....no prob: but if i reboot the
camera...Blip..blue screen.
Drives me nuts, and I usually tend to fix all my problems by trying
different things, Anyone solves this for me, I'll love ya forever!!! (I just
don't think its bad physical ram.) Den

Email me : denboy777@hotmail.com

-----------------------

"NoNoBadDog!" wrote:

> This is usually related to your physical memory...either mismatched or it is
> going bad...
>
> Bobby
>
> "GrimReeFA" <grimreefa2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > hi i keep getting the following blue screen of death
> > messages and reboots
> >
> > PAGE FAULT IN UNPAGED AREA
> > and
> > DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
> >
> > any ideas of the problem please conmtact me at
> > grimreefa2004@hotmail.com

Anonymous
September 24, 2004 1:57:50 AM

Have you checked the camera manufacturer's website for updated drivers and
any other software you might have installed for the camera?

--

news:D 81FAFBC-A053-490E-AB14-A3F92954145A@microsoft.com...

!