PAGE FAULT IN UNPAGED AREA

hi i keep getting the following blue screen of death
messages and reboots

PAGE FAULT IN UNPAGED AREA
and
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

any ideas of the problem please conmtact me at
grimreefa2004@hotmail.com
4 answers Last reply
More about page fault unpaged area

    First, be sure your antivirus software has the latest definitions and run a
    virus scan.

    Second, download, install and run Ad Aware:
    www.lavasoftusa.com
    Note: you should always be well backed up before running an application of
    this type.

    If your system is clear of viruses, open Control Panel, open System, go to
    the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery, remove the
    check from "Automatically Restart" under System Failure. This will cause
    the system to blue screen instead of restarting on errors and the
    information on the blue screen may give a clue as to the source of the
    issue.

    Open Control Panel, open Administrative Tools, open Event Viewer, look for
    errors corresponding to the crash, double click the error, the information
    contained within may give a clue as to the
    source of the problem. If you don't understand the information inside, the
    third button down in that dialog box will copy the information,
    you can then paste it into a message and post it here and maybe we can
    figure out what is going on.

    Assuming you have an XP CD and not a recovery CD, place the XP CD in the
    drive, when the setup screen appears, select "Check System Compatibility,"
    the report it generates may point to problem hardware or software on your
    system. If you do not have an XP CD, you can download this application
    known as the Upgrade Advisor from the following site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/upgrading/advisor.asp
    Note: If you have access to a broadband connection it might be best to
    download using that as this is a rather large download.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "GrimReeFA" <grimreefa2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > hi i keep getting the following blue screen of death
    > messages and reboots
    >
    > PAGE FAULT IN UNPAGED AREA
    > and
    > DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    >
    > any ideas of the problem please conmtact me at
    > grimreefa2004@hotmail.com

    This is usually related to your physical memory...either mismatched or it is
    going bad...

    Bobby

    "GrimReeFA" <grimreefa2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > hi i keep getting the following blue screen of death
    > messages and reboots
    >
    > PAGE FAULT IN UNPAGED AREA
    > and
    > DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    >
    > any ideas of the problem please conmtact me at
    > grimreefa2004@hotmail.com

    Well I have a funny situation, and I know page faults in non paged area
    relates to memory, either virtual or Physical. I have a old DEll laptop c
    600, Piii850, 256mb ram, 20gb HD WIn XPP SP1.
    And everytime I connect a usb camera or do a hotswap on a dvd /cd drive and
    reconnect, I get the Blue screen of death, don't have the error no , but its
    the page fault message. It does not happen at any other stage, except
    connecting a device. I even discovered if i start up the laptop with the
    camera connected and turned on....no prob: but if i reboot the
    camera...Blip..blue screen.
    Drives me nuts, and I usually tend to fix all my problems by trying
    different things, Anyone solves this for me, I'll love ya forever!!! (I just
    don't think its bad physical ram.) Den

    Email me : denboy777@hotmail.com

    -----------------------

    "NoNoBadDog!" wrote:

    > This is usually related to your physical memory...either mismatched or it is
    > going bad...
    >
    > Bobby
    >
    > "GrimReeFA" <grimreefa2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > hi i keep getting the following blue screen of death
    > > messages and reboots
    > >
    > > PAGE FAULT IN UNPAGED AREA
    > > and
    > > DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    > >
    > > any ideas of the problem please conmtact me at
    > > grimreefa2004@hotmail.com

    Have you checked the camera manufacturer's website for updated drivers and
    any other software you might have installed for the camera?

    --

    "Denboy777" <Denboy777@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Well I have a funny situation, and I know page faults in non paged area
    > relates to memory, either virtual or Physical. I have a old DEll laptop c
    > 600, Piii850, 256mb ram, 20gb HD WIn XPP SP1.
    > And everytime I connect a usb camera or do a hotswap on a dvd /cd drive
    > and
    > reconnect, I get the Blue screen of death, don't have the error no , but
    > its
    > the page fault message. It does not happen at any other stage, except
    > connecting a device. I even discovered if i start up the laptop with the
    > camera connected and turned on....no prob: but if i reboot the
    > camera...Blip..blue screen.
    > Drives me nuts, and I usually tend to fix all my problems by trying
    > different things, Anyone solves this for me, I'll love ya forever!!! (I
    > just
    > don't think its bad physical ram.) Den
    >
    > Email me : denboy777@hotmail.com
    >
    > -----------------------
    >
    > "NoNoBadDog!" wrote:
    >
    >> This is usually related to your physical memory...either mismatched or it
    >> is
    >> going bad...
    >>
    >> Bobby
    >>
    >> "GrimReeFA" <grimreefa2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > hi i keep getting the following blue screen of death
    >> > messages and reboots
    >> >
    >> > PAGE FAULT IN UNPAGED AREA
    >> > and
    >> > DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    >> >
    >> > any ideas of the problem please conmtact me at
    >> > grimreefa2004@hotmail.com

Blue Screen Microsoft Windows XP