suggestions for 3 phone family - low usage

Last response: in Network Providers
August 6, 2004 9:02:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

We have two Sprint phones - $30/300min and $20/20min,
plus a Virgin Mobile phone - $20 every 90 days.
I used to use my phone a lot more, but not recently,
and the other two phones are not used much - hence the plans -

I've been thinking of just moving all over to Virgin Mobile
since our usage minutes are not usually up to the Sprint plan costs...
I like the VM service - it's Sprint - and it has text messaging.
It only requires adding $20 every 90 days,
where the other major players force it more often.

Any other suggestions for 3 phones using :
122 mins @ (VM .25) = VM $30 vs Sprint tot $39
72 mins @ (VM .25) = VM $18 vs Sprint tot $43 (over 20mins)
18 mins @ (VM .25) = VM $ 5
That would be VM = $53 vs current Sprint/VM tot = $87
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 9:36:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.attws - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <whEQc.3376$r_1.399474@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com> on Fri, 06 Aug 2004
05:02:20 GMT, "Phil Schuman" <pschuman_NO_SPAM_ME@interserv.com> wrote:

>We have two Sprint phones - $30/300min and $20/20min,
>plus a Virgin Mobile phone - $20 every 90 days.
>I used to use my phone a lot more, but not recently,
>and the other two phones are not used much - hence the plans -
>
>I've been thinking of just moving all over to Virgin Mobile
>since our usage minutes are not usually up to the Sprint plan costs...
>I like the VM service - it's Sprint - and it has text messaging.
>It only requires adding $20 every 90 days,
>where the other major players force it more often.
>
>Any other suggestions for 3 phones ...

No, just a question -- why post to irrelevant newsgroups?

--
Best regards,
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/&gt;

> No, just a question -- why post to irrelevant newsgroups?

in case there is a plan or arrangement from any carrier that I have not
encountered -
August 6, 2004 12:17:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

People are selling t-mobile SIMs on ebay good for a year with about
225 minutes on them. They cost between $25-30 with shipping. You'd
have to get a t-mobile or unlocked GSM phone though. Used ones can be
had for cheap on eBay also, but they may not be of the size/quality as
the sprint ones you already have.

Shawn
August 10, 2004 6:23:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 07:23:21 GMT, "Phil Schuman"
<pschuman_NO_SPAM_ME@interserv.com> wrote:

>> No, just a question -- why post to irrelevant newsgroups?
>
>in case there is a plan or arrangement from any carrier that I have not
>encountered -

I'd suggest a Cingular $60 plan with two lines added for $10/month
each for a total of $80. For that amount you get 850 minutes shared
rollover minutes, unlimited nights/weekends, nationwide long distance,
and unlimited in network calls. You'll also get new phones for free
(rebate).

More than VM but less than Sprint and you can use quite a bit. Think
of it as a repeating gift for the wife (i.e. marriage stress reducer).
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 3:19:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Why not the 49.95 T-Mobile family plan for 2 phones and just keep the
extra VM phone at $5.

!