Online video wont play but the commercials do

kparker

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
My hard drive crashed and when I replaced it and reinstalled windows7 everything worked except when I go online and try to view news stories or movie trailers. The commercial will play but then there is just a spinning loop and no video. What up?

Solution
Download, install, update, and run a full scan with malwarebytes (from www.malwarebytes.org, the free version). Remove everything it finds and try again.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Make sure that you have updates/installed Flash Player, Shockwave Player, and Quicktime, at a minimum. Also verify that your video drivers are up to date. These are just general guidelines.

What specific internet browser are you using and are there particular websites where this is happening?

kparker

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011

I usually use Mozilla. I can play any video on youtube but, when I go to anything on Yahoo-news, video, trailers, the video will not play only the commercial.

kparker

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
I have updated quicktime, adobe flash player, shockwave and real player. Nothing changes. I have an nvidea graphics card that I installed a few months before the crash, driver updated. ????????????