XP Users Access Rights to install on NT server

I have updated a lot of our computers to XP Pro and now
when I try to install a program from a workstation to the
NT 4 server I get access problems, but I can access
everything when I am on the network.

I have been told I need to setup power users in order for
XP to let me install to the server can anyone tell me how
to do this.

Many thanks.

Mark
1 answer Last reply
More about users access rights install server

    Hi! why don't you create a domain account with the privileges you want to give like "add workstations to domain", etc
    from the nt server user manager tool.
    By the way. After you join the XP pro workstations to the NT4 domain, when you log as a domain user, does the "all programs" appears in the XP clients? After I joined them I can't open it! do you have any idea ?
    David

    ----- Mark Allen wrote: -----

    I have updated a lot of our computers to XP Pro and now
    when I try to install a program from a workstation to the
    NT 4 server I get access problems, but I can access
    everything when I am on the network.

    I have been told I need to setup power users in order for
    XP to let me install to the server can anyone tell me how
    to do this.

    Many thanks.

    Mark

Windows XP Servers Windows