Problem running games

Haker

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2005
Well, for some reason everything is fine until I run a game, then after a few seconds of play the screen turns black and the monitor light turns yellow and skipping distorted sounds start playing.

Now I replaced the artic silver (thermal paste) on my CPU so I don't think my proccesser is overheating.

I reinstalled video drivers to latest so thats not it either.

It does not resemble video card overheating, because usually when a video card overheats it fazes out. Although I did not rule it out.

I am also trying to figure out weather it is software or hardware.

Can anyone be of assistance?

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
hmm

well #1 i'd go and check your EVENT log and see what the error is that your getting.

Secondly what game are you running?

and it could be a memory problem.

and i doubt it's your heat .... unless try to view your temps and run alot of apps at once.. see if your temp jumps. It's say it's either memory or video.

have you ever played video games before?... Do you have Direct X installed on your system.

Im not sure, try to explain alittle more

[/list][/list]

Haker

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2005
Yeha that is my hunch, it is in all games and it has been happeneing only recently, my memory is fine I ran test overnight.

I don't think its my heat either.

I will try to reinstall DX

It's wierd cause I use 3d apps all day with no problem but the second I load into a game it crashes, in BF2 is crahses after a minute, in CS it crahses same way immediately after loading.

Also these are full system crash like the computer is offline. The monitor looses connection to the video card and distorted noises acurr and ofcourse the only way out is reboot. So does will the windows log be able to record an insta crash?

Haker

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2005
Reinstalled DX9 to no effect, howver I did check the log viewr and this popped up

WinMgmt could not initialize the core parts. This could be due to a badly installed version of WinMgmt, WinMgmt repository upgrade failure, insufficient disk space or insufficient memory.

Haker

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2005
Well cleaned registry even tried a sys restore, and i check the event viewer again and this popped up

fu.jpg