Controlling a PC from a PDA, using Bluetooth

August 24, 2004 10:49:07 PM

I'd like to be able to control my PC remotely (well, from across the
house!) using Bluetooth; to be bale to start and stop applications, and
so on.

What do I need? A version of VNC?
--
Andy Mabbett

Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards: <http://www.no2id.net/&gt;
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 10:49:08 PM

Andy,

In the microsoft.public.pocketpc group, there is a thread "Connecting as if
right in front of the PC". Read that thread as it will probably answer the
vast majority of your questions.

Thanks,

--
Clinton Fitch
Editor

http://www.clintonfitch.com
http://www.hpcfactor.com

"Andy Mabbett" <usenet200309@pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote in message

> I'd like to be able to control my PC remotely (well, from across the
> house!) using Bluetooth; to be bale to start and stop applications, and
> so on.
>
> What do I need? A version of VNC?
> --
> Andy Mabbett
>
> Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards: <http://www.no2id.net/&gt;
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 12:33:47 AM

In message <eImrBigiEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, Clinton Fitch III
<newsgroups@NOSPAMMYTHANKIE.c3-technology.com> writes

>In the microsoft.public.pocketpc group, there is a thread "Connecting
>as if right in front of the PC". Read that thread as it will probably
>answer the vast majority of your questions.

Thanks. It's in:

microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless

and starts with the post:

From: "Monty" <monty@hotmail.com>
Subject: Connecting "as if right in front of the PC"
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 17:12:19 -0700

at Google:

<http://www.google.com/groups?selm=10iidj8kjhlj726@corp....;

But no, it doesn't tell me how to use Bluetooth to do what I want to do,
(my desktop has Win2K).
--
Andy Mabbett

Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards: <http://www.no2id.net/&gt;
August 25, 2004 12:33:48 AM

VNC is definitely the way to go. I have been using it with
an IPAA 2215 Bluetooth, and a WINXP Machine with a Bluetooth Dongle
No problems at all

ndy Mabbett <usenet200309@pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote in message news:<$TjsExdbg5KBFw56@pigsonthewing.org.uk>...
> In message <eImrBigiEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, Clinton Fitch III
> <newsgroups@NOSPAMMYTHANKIE.c3-technology.com> writes
> >
> >In the microsoft.public.pocketpc group, there is a thread "Connecting
> >as if right in front of the PC". Read that thread as it will probably
> >answer the vast majority of your questions.
>
> Thanks. It's in:
>
> microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless
>
> and starts with the post:
>
> From: "Monty" <monty@hotmail.com>
> Subject: Connecting "as if right in front of the PC"
> Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 17:12:19 -0700
>
> at Google:
>
> <http://www.google.com/groups?selm=10iidj8kjhlj726@corp....;
>

> But no, it doesn't tell me how to use Bluetooth to do what I want to do,
> (my desktop has Win2K).
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 1:57:08 PM

Which flavor of VNC are you using? I also have an HP 2215 and would love to
do this.
TIA

--
Parley D. Kennelly
Southern California RealtorĀ®
"T.A" <davidtoby@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> VNC is definitely the way to go. I have been using it with
> an IPAA 2215 Bluetooth, and a WINXP Machine with a Bluetooth Dongle
> No problems at all
>

> ndy Mabbett <usenet200309@pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote in message
> > In message <eImrBigiEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, Clinton Fitch III
> > <newsgroups@NOSPAMMYTHANKIE.c3-technology.com> writes
> > >
> > >In the microsoft.public.pocketpc group, there is a thread "Connecting
> > >as if right in front of the PC". Read that thread as it will probably
> > >answer the vast majority of your questions.
> >
> > Thanks. It's in:
> >
> > microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless
> >
> > and starts with the post:
> >
> > From: "Monty" <monty@hotmail.com>
> > Subject: Connecting "as if right in front of the PC"
> > Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 17:12:19 -0700
> >
> > at Google:
> >
> > <http://www.google.com/groups?selm=10iidj8kjhlj726@corp....;
> >

> > But no, it doesn't tell me how to use Bluetooth to do what I want to do,
> > (my desktop has Win2K).
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 4:08:44 PM

Get the server VNC software from...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

...and the PocketPC client from either...

http://www.cs.utah.edu/%7Emidgley/wince/vnc.html
http://www.allware.com.mx/Windowsce/

For VNC you need to open TCP Port 5900 through any firewall your using...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Parley" <pdkennellynot@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23tMnPSsiEHA.344@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Which flavor of VNC are you using? I also have an HP 2215 and would love to
> do this.
> TIA
>
> --
> Parley D. Kennelly
> Southern California RealtorĀ®
> "T.A" <davidtoby@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> VNC is definitely the way to go. I have been using it with
>> an IPAA 2215 Bluetooth, and a WINXP Machine with a Bluetooth Dongle
>> No problems at all
>>

>> ndy Mabbett <usenet200309@pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote in message
>> > In message <eImrBigiEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, Clinton Fitch III
>> > <newsgroups@NOSPAMMYTHANKIE.c3-technology.com> writes

>> > Thanks. It's in:
>> >
>> > microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless
>> >
>> > and starts with the post:
>> >
>> > From: "Monty" <monty@hotmail.com>
>> > Subject: Connecting "as if right in front of the PC"
>> > Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 17:12:19 -0700
>> >
>> > at Google:
>> >
>> > <http://www.google.com/groups?selm=10iidj8kjhlj726@corp....;
>> >

>> > But no, it doesn't tell me how to use Bluetooth to do what I want to do,
>> > (my desktop has Win2K).

Anonymous
August 26, 2004 12:54:18 PM

I am using winvnc 3.3.7 on the PC side, but alter version should do as well

!