PC to emulate printer via LPT1

kalle

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

Hej!
Problem..
Save screen dumps from my HP instrument to a PC.
I have an instrument with LPT printer port.
I am looking for an application that vill turn my PC into a printer "Save
outprints as a file".
Any one??

"kalle" <kalle.sandare@telia.se> wrote in message

> Save screen dumps from my HP instrument to a PC.
> I have an instrument with LPT printer port.
> I am looking for an application that vill turn my PC into a printer "Save
> outprints as a file".

In Windows via / settings / printers
Add a new printer
(From menu) Manufacturer = Generic
Printer = Text Only
As Port select FILE

This sends your output to an ASCII file,
prompting you for name and filepath.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

kalle <kalle.sandare@telia.se> wrote:

> Save screen dumps from my HP instrument to a PC.
> I have an instrument with LPT printer port.

This is some lab equipment with a parallel port, right?

> I am looking for an application that vill turn my PC into a printer "Save
> outprints as a file".

Buy a parallel-to-serial converter like this:

http://rs485.bb-elec.com/product.asp?sku=232SPS2

Connect it between device and computer, and run a terminal program on
the computer to capture the output. Or write a small program that
directly prints the incoming data to a printer attached to the computer.