Desktop background not working

August 10, 2004 4:25:01 PM

,I recently uninstalled a skinning program on my laptop running Xp.
Afterdoing so I went to change the background, the option was greyed out
and I could not change. Does anyone know how to fix this, I thought it may be
a registry problem?
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 7:56:11 PM

More-than-likely the theme service has been turned off and disabled. Verify
that it is running by going to Administrative Tools > Services. Look for
the Themes service and verify that it is running. If it is not, right click
it and click run. This will start it. To start it every time you start
Windows, right click the Themes service again, go to Properties, and have it
start automatically.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Partner

"Anorak" <Anorak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ,I recently uninstalled a skinning program on my laptop running Xp.
> Afterdoing so I went to change the background, the option was greyed out
> and I could not change. Does anyone know how to fix this, I thought it may
> be
> a registry problem?
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 7:09:03 PM

I went to change my wallpaper and found it ghosted out. Themes was running.
Help!

"Clinton Fitch III" wrote:

> More-than-likely the theme service has been turned off and disabled. Verify
> that it is running by going to Administrative Tools > Services. Look for
> the Themes service and verify that it is running. If it is not, right click
> it and click run. This will start it. To start it every time you start
> Windows, right click the Themes service again, go to Properties, and have it
> start automatically.
>
> Regards,
>

> --
> Clinton Fitch
> Partner
> C3 Technology
> http://www.c3-technology.com
>

> "Anorak" <Anorak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > ,I recently uninstalled a skinning program on my laptop running Xp.
> > Afterdoing so I went to change the background, the option was greyed out
> > and I could not change. Does anyone know how to fix this, I thought it may
> > be
> > a registry problem?

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 9:25:02 PM

Sorry to follow myself up but...
Find the key 'nochangewallpaper' in the registry and set it to 0. That
solves it!

!