virus infected system file

How can I delete a virus called "W32.beagle" infecting a file called
_dll.exe in my windows systems folder?
2 answers Last reply
More about virus infected system file

    You can goto the link below and download the W32.Beagle Symantec removal tool.

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/FxBeagle.exe

    "Steamer" wrote:

    > How can I delete a virus called "W32.beagle" infecting a file called
    > _dll.exe in my windows systems folder?

    It's a Trojan file - there's some info here:
    http://es.trendmicro-europe.com/enterprise/security_info/ve_detail.php?id=60672&VName=TROJ_MITGLIEDR.S&VSect=T

    There's also a freeware program - Advanced Process Manipulator that will
    let you examine the exe files running within services
    (in this case probably Explorer.exe) and terminate them. Once they're no
    longer in use, the file should be deletable.

    Next - See the information on this site:
    http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    particularly the sections on the correct methods of running:
    CWShredder,
    Spybot Search&Destroy 1.3 and
    Ad Aware SE has now replaced AdAware 6
    (See Lavasoft forums for a guide to full scan recommended settings on this
    new version).
    Also read the section on using and interpreting
    HiJack This.
    NOTE: DO NOT use the 'fix' option on 'HiJack This' without advice.
    Everything including necessary system files and settings are included along
    with the bad stuff. Instead if needed post the log at a forum such as:
    http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showtopic=5622&st=15

    http://computercops.biz is also a good place with help.

    Malware is very good at using 'windows-like' file names to complicate
    things further for the unwary.

    Hope this helps
    Chek
    --
    Change' boos' to 'bos' in address to email directly
    "Steamer" <jimandcoral@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > How can I delete a virus called "W32.beagle" infecting a file called
    > _dll.exe in my windows systems folder?

Virus System File Microsoft Windows XP