Best all-in-one printer?

Mary

Can anyone tell me what is considered to be the best all-in-one
printer?

I'm looking for print/scan/copy/fax for around $100-$200. I'd also be
interested in knowing one that has a relatively low ink usage/cost. I
understand some of them are quite expensive in this regard.

I've been looking at the reviews but they all seem to be bad! Is
there any consensus on this issue? One printer that's considered to
be "the best?"

I appreciate your input.

"Mary" <maryhenesey@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me what is considered to be the best all-in-one
> printer?
>
> I'm looking for print/scan/copy/fax for around $100-$200. I'd also be
> interested in knowing one that has a relatively low ink usage/cost. I
> understand some of them are quite expensive in this regard.
>
> I've been looking at the reviews but they all seem to be bad! Is
> there any consensus on this issue? One printer that's considered to
> be "the best?"
>
> I appreciate your input.

Well I know I will start a good flame war on this one... I have a Epson
CX5400 , I love it .. I run a large amount of paper threw mine, So far in
a year I have put 6 blacks and 2 sets of colors in it. I do not print
pictures on it, just text and image.. It has been by far the best printer I
have had. I have tried to kill it by doing everything your not supposed to
do to an Epson. So far all I have managed to do is make it squeak! Just
to compare, when I had a HP I was running threw 4 $30.00 carts a month!

Mary

Thanks, I see one on eBay for $100. I'll wait for some more responses
before I give it a try.

> Oops, I spoke too soon, no fax capabilities!

It has fax, buy using software you can fax... I haven't used it, but
have been told it works great

"NCHA" <M@U.com> wrote in message news:

> Well I know I will start a good flame war on this one... I have a Epson
> CX5400 , I love it .. I run a large amount of paper threw mine, So far in
> a year I have put 6 blacks and 2 sets of colors in it. I do not print
> pictures on it, just text and image.. It has been by far the best printer I
> have had. I have tried to kill it by doing everything your not supposed to
> do to an Epson. So far all I have managed to do is make it squeak! Just
> to compare, when I had a HP I was running threw 4 $30.00 carts a month!

If anyone can answer the question regarding the BEST all-around
all-in-one, tell me--that's what I want to know! I DO plan to print
photographs and other intricate graphics. Not planning to FAX anytime
soon, but the capability would be nice. Are the Epson cartridges
refillable or low cost to replace?

Cori

"Cori" <cmashieldscapting@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "NCHA" <M@U.com> wrote in message news:
>
> > Well I know I will start a good flame war on this one... I have a
Epson
> > CX5400 , I love it .. I run a large amount of paper threw mine, So far
in
> > a year I have put 6 blacks and 2 sets of colors in it. I do not print
> > pictures on it, just text and image.. It has been by far the best
printer I
> > have had. I have tried to kill it by doing everything your not supposed
> > do to an Epson. So far all I have managed to do is make it squeak!
Just
> > to compare, when I had a HP I was running threw 4 $30.00 carts a
month!

> If anyone can answer the question regarding the BEST all-around
> all-in-one, tell me--that's what I want to know! I DO plan to print
> photographs and other intricate graphics. Not planning to FAX anytime
> soon, but the capability would be nice. Are the Epson cartridges
> refillable or low cost to replace?
>
> Corio

I find the cost of the carts within reason, I pay about $32.00 (USD)
for my black and $12.00 each for my colour. I do not have to worry that
if I need to print something with say mostly red, that I will have to
replace the blue and yellow just because the red is used up. Just FYI,
the 5400 is falling in price, there are some places that have it for as low
as $99.00. I picked up another one just in case the one I am using dies

I've had an HP 5510 for about 4 months now. It is currently selling in
my area for around $180. It has a very compact footprint for an
All-In-One device, as HP calls it. It includes a document feeder which
allows me to do most of my copying and faxing without opening the
cover. The feeder also allows handling of legal size paper.

I am very happy with it. I've used it as a scanner, copier, fax
machine, and printer. The photo quality is quite acceptable even
thought it cannot use the specialized photo cartridge. Most of my
printing is mixed text and graphics (web sites) or just plain text.
Also some CAD drawing printing and a few photos.

The two negatives I've experienced are (1) poorly integrated and
bloated software suite, patched together from different vendors, and
(2) a dim Copy button LED (cosmetic only). I could send it in for
service under warranty, but it doesn't really bother me.

I particularly like the small foot print on the desk, the rectangular
styling (no superfluous bulges or curves), the document feeder, and
the relatively simple control panel. The software issue isn't major
since most everyday functions are handled automatically from the
printer front panel or by way of a usual Windows printer dialog.

One of the included pieces of software is HP Image Zone for handling
photos. Actually it is not bad for a freebee shipped with a piece of
hardware. In can do all the basic editing stuff like cropping, sizing,
color manipulation and red eye, and sharpening. There is also a
program for creating photo CD's which I haven't used.

Dick Ballard
ballardr@att.net

On 5 Oct 2004 11:22:27 -0700, maryhenesey@hotpop.com (Mary) wrote:

>Can anyone tell me what is considered to be the best all-in-one
>printer?
>
>I'm looking for print/scan/copy/fax for around $100-$200. I'd also be
>interested in knowing one that has a relatively low ink usage/cost. I
>understand some of them are quite expensive in this regard.
>
>I've been looking at the reviews but they all seem to be bad! Is
>there any consensus on this issue? One printer that's considered to
>be "the best?"
>
>I appreciate your input.

Mary

Thank you, I will check this out, it sounds good.

Dick Ballard <ballardr@att.net> wrote in message news:<lfsdm01dutqfqb3cq8evbmq8482t29f62p@4ax.com>...
> I've had an HP 5510 for about 4 months now. It is currently selling in
> my area for around $180. It has a very compact footprint for an
> All-In-One device, as HP calls it. It includes a document feeder which
> allows me to do most of my copying and faxing without opening the
> cover. The feeder also allows handling of legal size paper.
>
> I am very happy with it. I've used it as a scanner, copier, fax
> machine, and printer. The photo quality is quite acceptable even
> thought it cannot use the specialized photo cartridge. Most of my
> printing is mixed text and graphics (web sites) or just plain text.
> Also some CAD drawing printing and a few photos.
>
> The two negatives I've experienced are (1) poorly integrated and
> bloated software suite, patched together from different vendors, and
> (2) a dim Copy button LED (cosmetic only). I could send it in for
> service under warranty, but it doesn't really bother me.
>
> I particularly like the small foot print on the desk, the rectangular
> styling (no superfluous bulges or curves), the document feeder, and
> the relatively simple control panel. The software issue isn't major
> since most everyday functions are handled automatically from the
> printer front panel or by way of a usual Windows printer dialog.
>
> One of the included pieces of software is HP Image Zone for handling
> photos. Actually it is not bad for a freebee shipped with a piece of
> hardware. In can do all the basic editing stuff like cropping, sizing,
> color manipulation and red eye, and sharpening. There is also a
> program for creating photo CD's which I haven't used.
>
> Dick Ballard
> ballardr@att.net
>

> On 5 Oct 2004 11:22:27 -0700, maryhenesey@hotpop.com (Mary) wrote:
>
> >Can anyone tell me what is considered to be the best all-in-one
> >printer?
> >
> >I'm looking for print/scan/copy/fax for around $100-$200. I'd also be
> >interested in knowing one that has a relatively low ink usage/cost. I
> >understand some of them are quite expensive in this regard.
> >
> >I've been looking at the reviews but they all seem to be bad! Is
> >there any consensus on this issue? One printer that's considered to
> >be "the best?"
> >
> >I appreciate your input.

Mary

Thank you, I will check this one out, it sounds good.