ntbackup-2k

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Hi,
I try to run ntbackup from the command line to backup a directory drive from
the network,
I specefy the path of the dir like that '13.2.45.3\Dest' the directory is in
share with all permissions needed but ntbackup dont backup it,
Only when i create that path as a local drive (named Z: or G: etc...) the
ntbackup backup the directory why???

Thanks

--------------------
| From: "Dave" <dbg@012.net.il>
| Subject: ntbackup-2k
| Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:38:17 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc
|
| Hi,
| I try to run ntbackup from the command line to backup a directory drive
from
| the network,
| I specefy the path of the dir like that '13.2.45.3\Dest' the directory is
in
| share with all permissions needed but ntbackup dont backup it,
| Only when i create that path as a local drive (named Z: or G: etc...) the
| ntbackup backup the directory why???
|

| Thanks

Dave -

When you are specifying the UNC path, you need to put two back slashes in
front
of the machine name. For example:

\\13.2.45.3\Dest

Hope this helps,

Derek Wirch, MCSE+I (NT 4.0), MCP (Win2k)
Microsoft Exchange Support Engineer
Enterprise Messaging Support - Admin
Email: a-derekw@microsoft.com

Please respond in the group, so all users may benefit.

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there.

SECURITY ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please subscribe to the FREE Microsoft® Security Notification Service on
http://register.microsoft.com/subscription/subscribeme.asp?ID=135 an e-mail
alert service geared toward IT professionals. We use this service to notify
subscribers when we release an important security bulletin or virus alert,
and also to make them aware that they might need to take action to guard
against a circulating threat. You should also bookmark Microsoft Security
Bulletin's page available at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/?url=/technet/security/bulletin/
to view all our bulletins. To insure you are current with all security
patches visit Windows Update at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to
install patches. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will
keep you up-to-date.