Unable to install microsoft windows installer service

Dear all,

I am trying to install veritas 9.0 onto Windows NT 4.0
with SP6a applied and I am getting the following error
message: -

Unable to install microsoft windows installer service

Can anyone help me, I have tried everything I can think of?

Mnay thanks in advance,

Keith

lee

"Keith Sparkes" <ksparkes@pellfrischmann.com> wrote in message news:<4d4801c42c45$a787d8c0$a101280a@phx.gbl>...
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to install veritas 9.0 onto Windows NT 4.0
> with SP6a applied and I am getting the following error
> message: -
>
> Unable to install microsoft windows installer service
>
> Can anyone help me, I have tried everything I can think of?
>
> Mnay thanks in advance,
>
> Keith

Windows Installer 2.0 Redistributable for Windows NT 4.0 and 2000
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?releaseid=32832