NT Crash during Boot

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

I had to shutoff the computer without being able to do a
normal shutdown of the OS. Now when I try to boot and it
gets to the blue screen it crashes. I don't have a
recovery floppy but I do have the original CD but it
claims it cannot find an NT installation to fix. I think
it is because I have more than one additional SCSI card.
Is there anyone who can help?
Thanks -
OttoL

To start the repair process you'll want to boot the Windows NT setup disks
or CD-Rom. Then *F6* very early and very important (at setup is inspecting
your system) in the setup to prevent drive controller detection, and select
S to specify additional drivers. Then later you'll be prompted to insert the
manufacturer supplied Windows NT driver for your SCSI controller in drive
"A"

If you wait and then S to specify additional drivers, then it may be too
late as Windows NT Setup at this point may have already assigned the
resources your drive's controller is wanting to use.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]