Sign in with
Your question

CompTIA +a renewal

Last response: in Work & Education
July 24, 2010 11:48:22 PM

Hi all,
I have only just started the compTIA a+ and not even recieved the work its self as yet, my problem is i have been looking in to it and found out it now expires, there is a yearly cost of 25 pound that is not a problem. It states that you need CEU's to renew the cert.

http://www.comptia.org/certifications/listed/renewal.as...

This is the link above can anyone explain about the CEU's as i hooked on the idea of getting the qualification but need to know how to renew the cert every 3 years.

any help will be great

Thanks

More about : comptia renewal

July 28, 2010 2:01:49 AM

boden08 said:
Hi all,
I have only just started the compTIA a+ and not even recieved the work its self as yet, my problem is i have been looking in to it and found out it now expires, there is a yearly cost of 25 pound that is not a problem. It states that you need CEU's to renew the cert.

http://www.comptia.org/certifications/listed/renewal.as...

This is the link above can anyone explain about the CEU's as i hooked on the idea of getting the qualification but need to know how to renew the cert every 3 years.

any help will be great

Thanks

If you are certified all you need to do is sign up for the bridge exam that covers only the new material and is cheaper around 110 bucks!
July 28, 2010 9:41:20 AM

ok so it is just a exam that i will need to take every three years, i think it is a great idea as it will keep the compTIA a+ up to date and the costs was not a problem i just dont understand the ceu's, maybe i was reading it wrong but it just seemed that they eanted you to do different things, i read the part where you can take the exam but it didnt state what exams you can take. have you got a link for the bridge exam, i will look myself but just in case i dont find any information on it.

Thanks again GunBladetype-e
Related resources
July 28, 2010 12:01:50 PM

Continuing Ed courses are usually taught in local schools (community colleges, tech schools, an the like). Their purpose is to keep your knowledge of the field at least somewhat current. You might have to do some checking to make sure any classes you take are qualified as CEU's though.
July 28, 2010 12:17:46 PM

Thank you all for your help you have been great.
!