Epson C80 vs. Canon S500

G

I just read the excellent reviews of the inkjet printers and was about to grab an s500 or s600 depending on price but then I noticed that one of the main flaws in the Epson was that the individual ink tanks were twice as expensive as the canon. This is not the case. I found both for $12 for each color. Does this change the overall price per page value of the Epson? Which should I get? I'm just looking for a standard general purpose home printer but have had it with my HP and Lexmark cartridge costs. Thanks for any and all replys.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I'd look at the S500 or S600. With the Epson, if the head goes bad, you have to replace the printer, but with the Canon, you can buy a new head. Anyway, the S600 is merely a faster version of the S500. I have a Canon S600 and I love it's photo quality.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I'd look at the S500 or S600. With the Epson, if the head goes bad, you have to replace the printer, but with the Canon, you can buy a new head. Anyway, the S600 is merely a faster version of the S500. I have a Canon S600 and I love it's photo quality.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

I had the same problem just a week ago! Just 1 thing, if you go for the C80, get the C70 instead. It's only a little slower, because of its engine. But believe me it's very quick at printing tekst documents. I chose epson because of the really pathetic performance of canon in the past. The C70/C80 is nothing like the earlier epson inkjets which were good at image printing but slow and noisy. Besides I still think images on the canon on normal paper are blurry, but that just me. Epson has history as imageprinters, so its text output is good enough for me, but i must admit that lexmark and HP textoutput is better. Overall i think there quite equal printers, so its gonna be a difficult choice to make.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I have an 8ppm Laser Printer (which actually prints 8ppm, as advertised) and I find that my Canon S600 is nearly as fast as my laser printer at text although the quality still can't match my Xerox laser printer.