Stop logging me out after 15 minutes away

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

Windows logs me out after 15 minutes of inactivity.
This is my work computer and I can't change the screen saver though
display properties (all the check boxes are grayed out). I tried to
use HKEY_USERS/.DEFAULT/CONTROL PANEL/DESKTOP/SCREENSAVETIMEOUT TO
1800. Did not work. I would like to be able to either push the time
back or turn it off completely. Please help.

Ask your systems admin to change the policy.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Randy" wrote:
| Windows logs me out after 15 minutes of inactivity.
| This is my work computer and I can't change the screen saver though
| display properties (all the check boxes are grayed out). I tried to
| use HKEY_USERS/.DEFAULT/CONTROL PANEL/DESKTOP/SCREENSAVETIMEOUT TO
| 1800. Did not work. I would like to be able to either push the time
| back or turn it off completely. Please help.

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

The system admin does not know how to change the setting. I have
admin privileges to this computer, but I don't know how to change the
settings either.
Thanks Randy

"Dave Patrick" <mail@NoSpam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message news:<#GkbooxMEHA.1272@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> Ask your systems admin to change the policy.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "Randy" wrote:
> | Windows logs me out after 15 minutes of inactivity.
> | This is my work computer and I can't change the screen saver though
> | display properties (all the check boxes are grayed out). I tried to
> | use HKEY_USERS/.DEFAULT/CONTROL PANEL/DESKTOP/SCREENSAVETIMEOUT TO
> | 1800. Did not work. I would like to be able to either push the time
> | back or turn it off completely. Please help.

Are you saying you're logged off or is the password screen saver activated?

--

"Randy" wrote:
| The system admin does not know how to change the setting. I have
| admin privileges to this computer, but I don't know how to change the
| settings either.
| Thanks Randy
|

| "Dave Patrick" <mail@NoSpam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message
| > Ask your systems admin to change the policy.
| >
| > --
| > Regards,
| >
| > Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
| > Microsoft Certified Professional
| > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
| > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
| >

| > "Randy" wrote:
| > | Windows logs me out after 15 minutes of inactivity.
| > | This is my work computer and I can't change the screen saver though
| > | display properties (all the check boxes are grayed out). I tried to
| > | use HKEY_USERS/.DEFAULT/CONTROL PANEL/DESKTOP/SCREENSAVETIMEOUT TO
| > | 1800. Did not work. I would like to be able to either push the time
| > | back or turn it off completely. Please help.

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

After 15 minutes the screensaver kicks in. I move the mouse, a GUI
appears stating "press control alt delete". Then my user name appears
and ask for my password. I did find logonui.exe and logon.scr on the
system. I suspect they may be causing my problem.

Thanks

Randy

"Dave Patrick" <mail@NoSpam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message news:<OPiR622MEHA.4016@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Are you saying you're logged off or is the password screen saver activated?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "Randy" wrote:
> | The system admin does not know how to change the setting. I have
> | admin privileges to this computer, but I don't know how to change the
> | settings either.
> | Thanks Randy
> |

> | "Dave Patrick" <mail@NoSpam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message
> | > Ask your systems admin to change the policy.
> | >
> | > --
> | > Regards,
> | >
> | > Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
> | > Microsoft Certified Professional
> | > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> | > http://www.microsoft.com/protect

You'll want to set this value;
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop:
"ScreenSaverIsSecure" = "0"

--

Randy wrote:

> After 15 minutes the screensaver kicks in. I move the mouse, a GUI
> appears stating "press control alt delete". Then my user name appears
> and ask for my password. I did find logonui.exe and logon.scr on the
> system. I suspect they may be causing my problem.
>
> Thanks
>
> Randy
>

> "Dave Patrick" <mail@NoSpam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message news:<OPiR622MEHA.4016@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
>
>>Are you saying you're logged off or is the password screen saver activated?
>>
>>--
>>Regards,
>>
>>Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
>>Microsoft Certified Professional
>>Microsoft MVP [Windows]
>>http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>

>>"Randy" wrote:
>>| The system admin does not know how to change the setting. I have
>>| admin privileges to this computer, but I don't know how to change the
>>| settings either.
>>| Thanks Randy

Sounds like you are NOT being logged out.

It should merely be password protecting the system while
you are away.