Erasing CD-RWs

Michael, I read your instructions on how to erase files from a CD. However,
when I open My Computer and double-click on the CD drive, I don't see "CD
Writing Tasks" anywhere! Along the left side of the window: Picture Tasks,
File and Folder Tasks, Other Places and Details. I'm stuck...can you help?
--
Thank you!

You need a CD-R/W disk in the drive.
Right click the CD Writer icon and select Erase.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Brenda" <Brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Michael, I read your instructions on how to erase files from a CD.
> However,
> when I open My Computer and double-click on the CD drive, I don't see "CD
> Writing Tasks" anywhere! Along the left side of the window: Picture
> Tasks,
> File and Folder Tasks, Other Places and Details. I'm stuck...can you
> help?
> --
> Thank you!

I'm sorry, I don't see a CD Writer icon.....where would I find it?

"Harry Ohrn" wrote:

> You need a CD-R/W disk in the drive.
> Right click the CD Writer icon and select Erase.
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "Brenda" <Brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Michael, I read your instructions on how to erase files from a CD.
> > However,
> > when I open My Computer and double-click on the CD drive, I don't see "CD
> > Writing Tasks" anywhere! Along the left side of the window: Picture
> > Tasks,
> > File and Folder Tasks, Other Places and Details. I'm stuck...can you
> > help?
> > --
> > Thank you!

Brenda when you click on My Computer it should open an explorer window.
Right click on your CD-R/W drive.