Activating a parallel installation of NT4

I had a blue screen fatal error. As part of the recovery I made a
parallel installation of NT4SP6 on the same partition. I tried to
repair the old installation with the rescue disc. This got me into the
log on screen but my administrator password would not work. I can log
on to the new installation and I can see all my folders and files but
I don't seem to be able to run any software, eg Office 2000. When I
click an icon I get a message telling me I need windows installer.
Also non of my drivers are loaded. I managed to get my network
connection working. I then re-installed NT over the original
installation but I ran into an error message "Fatal Error: The
security subsystem could not be initialized"

How do I get around the error message? Or alternatively how do I get
the parallel installation to run my original set-up? Or is there
another solution to the problem.

I am getting a bit desperate, can anyone help please?

Thanks
Ajpee

"ajpee" wrote:
| How do I get around the error message? Or alternatively how do I get
| the parallel installation to run my original set-up? Or is there
| another solution to the problem.

* No registry structure exists in the parallel install for those
application. You'll need to reinstall them. Best to wipe the drive and start
a new install.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional