Networking two wireless desktop together

My brother and i both have wireless internet in our rooms from a router in
the living room. I want to set up a home network between me and my brothers
computer. I have done the wizard for home networking several times and
nothing works. Any suggestions??

Frankster

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004

If you are already connecting to the Internet using the same router, simply
configure the machines to be in the same workgroup and they should see each
other. IOW, if you are using the same router you are most likely already
"networked". How exactly do you want to use this network?

-Frank

"twisterchaser08" <twisterchaser08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:DDEB991E-B454-4BB5-8C47-4A531089A3D3@microsoft.com...
> My brother and i both have wireless internet in our rooms from a router in
> the living room. I want to set up a home network between me and my
> brothers
> computer. I have done the wizard for home networking several times and
> nothing works. Any suggestions??

i am wanting to share files with my brother. I have made sure the workgroup
was the same. I labeled it as "HOME" for both computers and still nothing
happend. I checked the "share files and printer" box but nothing appeared in
the shared folder. Could there be some config. in the router itself that im
missing??

>i am wanting to share files with my brother. I have made sure the workgroup
> was the same. I labeled it as "HOME" for both computers and still nothing
> happend. I checked the "share files and printer" box but nothing appeared in
> the shared folder. Could there be some config. in the router itself that im
> missing??

Yes it can be. Or it can be your firewall.

--PA

Wow... this is more of a pain than i thought... i checked the firewall in the
router and disabled it... disabled windows firewall... and nortons... still
nothing... went through and redone the network setup and still nothing... any
other ideas??

thanks twisterchaser08

"Pavel A." wrote:

> "twisterchaser08" <twisterchaser08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i am wanting to share files with my brother. I have made sure the workgroup
> > was the same. I labeled it as "HOME" for both computers and still nothing
> > happend. I checked the "share files and printer" box but nothing appeared in
> > the shared folder. Could there be some config. in the router itself that im
> > missing??
>
> Yes it can be. Or it can be your firewall.
>
> --PA

You need to set up files to share. Right click the folders/file/drives you
want to share. Under sharing and security, check the box to share and you
should be good to go.

"twisterchaser08" <twisterchaser08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:943A288C-052A-49DE-BBBD-3AA0A93F507E@microsoft.com...
> Wow... this is more of a pain than i thought... i checked the firewall in
> the
> router and disabled it... disabled windows firewall... and nortons...
> still
> nothing... went through and redone the network setup and still nothing...
> any
> other ideas??
>
> thanks twisterchaser08
>
> "Pavel A." wrote:
>
>> "twisterchaser08" <twisterchaser08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >i am wanting to share files with my brother. I have made sure the
>> >workgroup
>> > was the same. I labeled it as "HOME" for both computers and still
>> > nothing
>> > happend. I checked the "share files and printer" box but nothing
>> > appeared in
>> > the shared folder. Could there be some config. in the router itself
>> > that im
>> > missing??
>>
>> Yes it can be. Or it can be your firewall.
>>
>> --PA

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

sharing Hi
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"CLW" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> You need to set up files to share. Right click the folders/file/drives you
> want to share. Under sharing and security, check the box to share and you
> should be good to go.
>
> "twisterchaser08" <twisterchaser08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:943A288C-052A-49DE-BBBD-3AA0A93F507E@microsoft.com...
> > Wow... this is more of a pain than i thought... i checked the firewall
in
> > the
> > router and disabled it... disabled windows firewall... and nortons...
> > still
> > nothing... went through and redone the network setup and still
nothing...
> > any
> > other ideas??
> >
> > thanks twisterchaser08
> >
> > "Pavel A." wrote:
> >
> >> "twisterchaser08" <twisterchaser08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message
> >>
> >> Yes it can be. Or it can be your firewall.
> >>
> >> --PA

TRENDING THREADS