Any way to disable windows installer?

I have some windows NT workstations and I need to block the users from installing "junk" (games...etc) on them. I checked around and came up with a few registry tweaks that didn't work. Can anyone help???

Thanks in advance,
JB

we have tried this method but then when you want to
install something you have to first install the correct
windows installer.

to combat this problem we user " deep freeze ". you can
get a trial copy and try this before opting to purchase
this product. here is the url:
http://www.faronics.com/html/choose.asp

Thanks......I'll give it a try and see what it's like.

thanks for your help