Inetinfo problems...

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Hello,

I have a problem which nobody seems to know how to resolve. From time to time throughout the workday, the INETINFO.EXE tends to "hang". What I mean is that INETINFO is still in the Process List (in Task Manager) however, my clients cannot access our remote email web page. The Outlook Web Access Page either does not display or the client get a 404 DNS error. What I have to do, at the moment, is stop the INETINFO.EXE process in Task Manager, then I go into Services and restart the World Wide Web Publishing service. Once I do that, my clients regain access to the Web Access until INETINFO.EXE hangs again. Sometimes it can stay active for 12 straight hours but sometimes it hangs after only about 5 minutes. I need help in a bad way. At the moment, I have to come into the office after hours to restart the service for our travelling clients.

Thanks in advance to those who provide some input or solutions.

Regards,
Ray

HAGGIS

may relate to this?