Around the world in three days

Steve Fossett is trying a non stop single engine around the world tour.
Might be interesting to some of you.

http://www.virginatlanticglobalflyer.com/

Gerard

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 08:04:05 +0100, "Gerard Verhoef"
<Gerard_Verhoef@Hotmail.com> wrote:

>Steve Fossett is trying a non stop single engine around the world tour.
>Might be interesting to some of you.
>
>http://www.virginatlanticglobalflyer.com/
>
>Gerard

Yes, and with the help of Belgian weather men, the same who helped him
with his balloon around the world ;-)

Happy landings,

Chris-EBOS

"Kawa ZZR" <sky40154N@skynet.be> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 08:04:05 +0100, "Gerard Verhoef"
> <Gerard_Verhoef@Hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Steve Fossett is trying a non stop single engine around the world tour.
>>Might be interesting to some of you.
>>
>>http://www.virginatlanticglobalflyer.com/
>>
>>Gerard
>>

> Yes, and with the help of Belgian weather men, the same who helped him
> with his balloon around the world ;-)
>
> Happy landings,
>
> Chris-EBOS

Well, this time my admiration for this kind of "record" is quite limited.
Apart from the physical condition which may give some problems within the
planned 75-80 hrs stage all the rest is a purely technical matter and not
really a big deal for today's technology. It's more a matter of
money.........sorry!

Burt Rutan is capable to build the A/C according to the specs, a turbine
running 80 hrs consecutively is not really something special and the whole
flight will be conducted above the tropopause with only little influence of
weather as long as he's moving eastwards (well, maybe apart from the ITCZ
which he has to cross twice). I personally do not consider it the faintest
match for "real" pioneers like Lindbergh and others.(ok, now I'm a bad, bad
boy....;-) )
--
Oskar
(retired captain)

Oskar Wagner wrote:
<snipp>
> Well, this time my admiration for this kind of "record" is quite limited.
> Apart from the physical condition which may give some problems within the
> planned 75-80 hrs stage all the rest is a purely technical matter and not
> really a big deal for today's technology. It's more a matter of
> money.........sorry!
<snipp> I personally do not consider it the faintest
> match for "real" pioneers like Lindbergh and others.(ok, now I'm a bad, bad

You're definitely not Oskar. In my opinion the first non stop prop
flight (having two pilots on board) had been much worse regarding its
length (9 days I think) and the limits set by the non-pressurised cabin.
--
Regards
Axel

TRENDING THREADS