I have the creaivelabs live x-gamer sound card. I have windows Xp with AMD
2500+ processor. Well i did the windows updates, well that just messed my
sound up. Every time i go to winamp and play music I get Crossfadin
Directsound output v1.37 error. bad direct sound driver. I tried
reinstalling, uninstalling and install drivers from the website. And it will
work UNTIL i restart the pc, then same error. I have the ECS L7A7S somwthing
like that motherboard, dont feel like looking it up. I tried reinstalling
directx, still nothing. Please help!

Ok, we'll go step by step:
If you have the drivers of your integraded sound card on the system,
uninstall them. Then uninstall Creative drivers.
Then restart and go to BIOS and disable int. sound card (press delete of F2
and go to (probably) Integraded Perhipeals).
Then it would be good to download the latest drivers for Live X Gamer from
Creative's website (www.soundblaster.com) and install them.... If you don't
want the latest drivers then install the ones from the bundled CD. If the
problem is still there then go to Sound And Audio Devices in Control Panel
and click the Audio tab. Then select SB Live in default device. And it
wouldn't be bad to go to Winamp > Options > Perferences > Output > Direct
Sound Output (double click) and select SB Live under device..... Please tell
me if it was successful!