Mcshield.exe hogs CPU when trying to create a Scheduled Task

We have a problem with Mcshield.exe (which I beleive is a
Virus Checker) grabbing all the CPU when someone starts
Scheduling a task in WINNT.

This locks the Scheduling Wizard.

Mcshield.exe seems to have a lot of Page Faults .... What
are Page Faults ?

Thanks for any info on this.

Peter
1 answer Last reply
More about mcshield hogs create scheduled task

    hello Peter,

    page fault

    An interrupt that occurs when a program requests data that is not currently
    in real memory.
    The interrupt triggers the os to fetch the data from a virtual memory and
    load it into RAM.
    An invalid page fault or page fault error occurs when the os cannot find the
    data in virtual memory.
    This usually happens when the virtual memory area, or the table that maps
    virtual addresses to real addresses, becomes corrupt.

    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/P/page_fault.html

    "Peter Baden" <peter.baden@astrium.eads.net> wrote in message
    > We have a problem with Mcshield.exe (which I beleive is a
    > Virus Checker) grabbing all the CPU when someone starts
    > Scheduling a task in WINNT.
    >
    > This locks the Scheduling Wizard.
    >
    > Mcshield.exe seems to have a lot of Page Faults .... What
    > are Page Faults ?
    >
    > Thanks for any info on this.
    >
    > Peter

Virus CPUs Microsoft Windows