Mcshield.exe hogs CPU when trying to create a Scheduled Task

We have a problem with Mcshield.exe (which I beleive is a
Virus Checker) grabbing all the CPU when someone starts
Scheduling a task in WINNT.

This locks the Scheduling Wizard.

Mcshield.exe seems to have a lot of Page Faults .... What
are Page Faults ?

Thanks for any info on this.

Peter

hello Peter,

page fault

An interrupt that occurs when a program requests data that is not currently
in real memory.
The interrupt triggers the os to fetch the data from a virtual memory and
load it into RAM.
An invalid page fault or page fault error occurs when the os cannot find the
data in virtual memory.
This usually happens when the virtual memory area, or the table that maps
virtual addresses to real addresses, becomes corrupt.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/P/page_fault.html