Help Installing ATI Radeon 9200

tetu

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
I just bought ATI Radeon 9200 128MB DDR PCI BUS from Fry's. I'm trying to install it onto my motherboard ABIT BE6-II. But it doesn't work, it doesn't boot. When I turn my computer on, nothing happens, even there is no beep sound.
If I changed it back with my old video card, it works.

Does anyone know what's wrong with it?
Maybe the video card is not compatible with my mobo?

Will 4/8x AGP card work on my mobo? the mobo has 2x AGP though.

Thank you.

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Will 4/8x AGP card work on my mobo? the mobo has 2x AGP though.

Can you put leaded gasoline in a car thats unleaded only???

Thats a horrible example...., first off you COULD put it in there...you car wont exactly run, but you can put it in the tank....

However you can put unleaded gas into a leaded gas vehicle and it will run with no problems. The lead does nothing so removing it is alright.

I think the card should work because the 2x/4x/8x just means it supports that kind of badwidth....i know 4x slots will take 8x cards so i don't see why it wouldn't take your card.

What's your old video card.

tetu

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
My old video card is STB Velocity 4400 PCI 16MB, and the new one is ATI Radeon 9200 PCI 128MB DDR.

Maybe the new video card is not compatible with the motherboard?
Thank you.

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
It could be a driver issue....your ATI card doesn't like the Nvidia drivers you have.

put the Nvidia card in...download the correct ATI drivers....then uninstall the Nvidia drivers using this and then reboot and install the ATI drivers...then reboot and you shouldbe good to go.

if it doesn't work your Nvidia card should still work so you can use it to troubleshoot some more.