Where's the snow plows when ya needum?

crash

www.cox-internet.com/tazman/sw5.jpg

Flew into a little airfield just north/nw of Paine field in Washington,
Concrete 3W5.
Field looked clear until on final, then snow drifts started blowing across
the runway (really!).
By the time I was a few hundred feet agl, there were two huge drifts across
both ends of the runway, so I figured what the hell, lets see how deep those
puppies are! It was nice light powder, but still swallowed the Centurion,
and popped out mid-field in the clear....
What a blast!
Whaddya think, MegaScenery have a wee bit of a mesh problem here??? d:->))
Actually, I haven't tried it in default, it may be a m/s screwup.....
It's also there in summer, just shows up as green instead of white.
But it's interesting how it forms across the runway the closer you get...

Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
Don

dallas

"CRaSH"
> By the time I was a few hundred feet agl, there were two huge drifts
across
> both ends of the runway

Are you using an advance copy of FS10?

Dallas

crash

Dallas wrote:
> "CRaSH"
>> By the time I was a few hundred feet agl, there were two huge drifts
>> across both ends of the runway
>
> Are you using an advance copy of FS10?

It's a M/S ooppss! Disabled Mega* for that area (by coincidence they had 3
blocks of scenery centered around Concrete, you'd have thunk they'd have
noticed this little abnormality) and here's a shot with default scenery from
about the same perspective, also in winter.
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/3w54.jpg

dallas

"CRaSH"
> www.cox-internet.com/tazman/3w54.jpg

Are you sure that's not California... looks like a landslide. :)

Dallas

crash

Dallas wrote:
> "CRaSH"
>> www.cox-internet.com/tazman/3w54.jpg
>

> Are you sure that's not California... looks like a landslide. :)

Yep, not pretty at all. BUT, ya gotta admit that Mega* looks a hell of a
lot better, even with the slushy over the runway, than the default scenery,
considering everything visible, and this is sitting on the ground - Mega*'s
weakest area. Even has a nice Beech sitting there. I'm more impressed with
it, the more I use it........... Here's a shot of the difference in winter
textures as I left SEA and was flying towards 3W5, with the blocks of
Concrete (hey, that's the real name!) disabled.....
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/3w51.jpg
3W5 is down in the river valley just to the left and past the two peaks you
see at my 1:00..
Try it, you'll like it!! Fun watching the turf come over the runway as you
approach or fly over!!!

Another thing I've noticed is the fields are a LOT harder to spot, they
don't all look like a runway stuck in the middle of a giant football field
and blend in like IRL........