D-Link DWL-G820 Wireless Gaming adapter

Is it possible to plug in a switch into the gaming adapter and share the
wireless connection to the router with multiple devices?
2 answers Last reply
More about link g820 wireless gaming adapter

    On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:53:24 -0400, sskl1998 wrote:

    > Is it possible to plug in a switch into the gaming adapter and share the
    > wireless connection to the router with multiple devices?

    I doubt it. By the description on the site, it doesn't perform like a NAT
    router, so it is a "one-to-one" device. Why not look into a wireless
    router, or, if you already have a wired router, use a wireless access point
    designed to share multiple devices?

    Wireless router: DI-524
    Wireless access point: DWL-2100AP

    For games:
    Wireless router: DGL-4300

    All of those can be found at:

    http://www.dlink.com/

    You don't have to stick with D-Link products, though. You could check out
    others.

    --
    Norman
    ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

    Hi
    Since the price difference is rather modest you might consider the
    DWL-2100AP
    It is a full capable Access Point that can work as a client connected to a
    Switch. I think it is also more secure than the Game Adaptor, and have
    removable external antenna.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "N. Miller" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:53:24 -0400, sskl1998 wrote:
    >
    > > Is it possible to plug in a switch into the gaming adapter and share the
    > > wireless connection to the router with multiple devices?
    >
    > I doubt it. By the description on the site, it doesn't perform like a NAT
    > router, so it is a "one-to-one" device. Why not look into a wireless
    > router, or, if you already have a wired router, use a wireless access
    point
    > designed to share multiple devices?
    >
    > Wireless router: DI-524
    > Wireless access point: DWL-2100AP
    >
    > For games:
    > Wireless router: DGL-4300
    >
    > All of those can be found at:
    >
    > http://www.dlink.com/
    >
    > You don't have to stick with D-Link products, though. You could check out
    > others.
    >
    > --
    > Norman
    > ~Win dain a lotica, En vai tu ri, Si lo ta
    > ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
    > ~Vi fa-ru les shutai am, En riga-lint

Wireless Gaming Wireless Networking Product