NT 4.0 Server License manager error 201

mikee

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2003

We are getting License Messenger error 201 on our server.
We have tried all the suggested fixes ie. change per
server to per seat. Nothing seems to work. License
Manager now show in the per server reached column -256 and
noone is logging in.
How can this be? Someone please advise!!

The standard fix is to disable the license service and keep track of
licenses on paper. This service was extremely flaky in NT4 and even now it
is not much better. As long as you know that have the correct number of
licences just disable the service and these issues will go away.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+